York University students can participate and gain credit in the following courses through a Letter of Permission (LOP). Please note: applications for a Letter of Permission, should be sent at least six weeks prior to the first day of enrollment.
Workshops & Conferences
Hemispheric Student Dialogues on SDGs
Hosted by Hemispheric University Consortium (HUC) & Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ), the Hemispheric Student Dialogues on SDGs will consist of a series of workshops aimed at promoting intercultural dialogues and digital skills across the hemisphere.
Join one or more workshop from the week-long series to discuss key challenges of the 21st century, earn a Digital Certificate & access to our LinkedIn group, and have your work displayed on the HUC website.
Program dates: October 19 - 23, 2020
- The Art of Empathy in a Global Climate Crisis - October 19, 2020, 3:00pm - 5:30pm ET
- Restorative Justice and Conflict Resolution - October 20, 2020, 3:00pm - 5:30pm ET
- Acción por el Clima - October 20, 2020, 3:00pm - 5:00pm ET
- Good Health and Well-Being - October 22, 2020, 10:00am ET
Representación LGBTI en los Medios - October 22, 2020, 12:30pm - 2:30pm ET
For more info and to register, visit thehuc.org/studsdgs
Global Week, Technical University of Monterrey, Mexico
Global Week is a collaborative initiative that links Tecnológico de Monterrey's learning unit “Diversity in a Globalized World” with York University´s course "The International Refugee Protection Regime I: Critical Problems", and Universidad San Francisco de Quito "Global Conflict Management", promoting virtual learning activities in multicultural environments.
Global Week provides you with an opportunity to engage in a unique set of learning activities allowing virtual cultural exchange. By being exposed to different cultural perspectives you will broaden your understanding of the local and global challenges our generation faces.
To learn more, visit the website.
Virtual Learning Programs - Fall/Winter 2021-22
Universidad Austral, Argentina
Universidad Austral offers these virtual courses in English with synchronic sessions once a week, and aysnchronic content to prepare your participation. The length of the synchronic sessions depends on each faculty, but is no more than 1.5 hours each.
- Economic Development and Business
- Environment in Argentina
- International Arbitration
- International Development Cooperation in Latin America
- Project Management
- South American Societies, Cultures, and Identities
- Application deadline: May 15, 2021.
- Orientation: July 29, 2021 (mandatory).
- Start of classes: August 2, 2021.
- End of classes: November 19, 2021.
When selecting your courses, keep in mind that:
- Each course grants 3 US credits/ 6 ECTS.
- Students must attend at least 80% of the synchronic sessions in each course.
For more information and to apply, visit the Universidad Austral Website.
Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany
MarburgOnline: VirtualExchange 2021 - MO:VE 2021
Program Dates: October 2021 to February 2022
Application Deadline: 31 August 2021
In the summer term 2021, 114 students (BA and MA) from 12 different countries took the chance and studied online at Philipps-Universität Marburg.
Since traveling is still restricted, MO:VE 2021 is a great opportunity to take courses at Philipps-Universität Marburg and improve intercultural competences without the need to go abroad.
- Take online-classes in various subjects
- Attend our virtual Orientation Program for international students
- Take online German language classes
- Get credits and a Transcript of Records
- Work with German and international students
If you are currently enrolled at one of our partner universities, MO:VE 2021 is free of charge.
For more details about the program, refer to the program flyer, visit the program website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Learning Programs - Fall/Winter 2020-21
Programs in Asia
Fudan University, China
Fudan School of Management: International Class 2020 (December)
The program provides high-quality English-taught courses covering various fields for students from all over the world. The program is dedicated to promoting international academic exchange and cooperation .The school emphasizes on cultivating students’ global sights, improving students’ international competitive awareness and stimulating China globalization in high education.
This is the English-conducted program offering 20 subjects with wide range of topics as business, culture, society and science ,etc. Each course is worth 3 Fudan credits (1 Fudan credit = 18 contact hours). This is an in-class program meant for students currently located in China.
Program Dates: 14 December, 2020 - 1 January, 2021
Application Deadline: 27 November 2020
For more details, explore the 2020 International Class Information Package and the Website.
Ewha Women's University, South Korea
Ewha Online International Co-Ed Winter College (EIWC) is a new winter program that will be launched in January of 2021. The EIWC is a 3 week online program featuring two tracks, the SPECIAL track and the GENERAL track.
The EIWC SPECIAL Track is a customized introductory program to Korean Studies and is worth 3 credits. Students will get to take real-time Korean Language classes and pre-recorded special lectures on Korean culture and society.
The EIWC GENERAL Track offers a selection of credit-bearing courses taught by renowned Ewha faculty. Students will be able to learn about various subjects and meet new friends from around the world without the hassle of international travel. Each course consists of pre-recorded lectures and real-time sessions; upon completion students will earn 3 credits per course.
Program Dates: Jan 20 - Feb 9, 2021 (3 Weeks)
Application/Payment Period: ~ Dec 20, 2020
For more details about the program, please refer to the e-brochure, visit our website (oia.ewha.ac.kr) or email email@example.com.
Universiti Malaya, Malaysia
Spring Semester Exchange
Program Dates: March to July 2021
Deadline to apply: October 31, 2020
The program is conducted for a minimum duration of one semester up to a maximum of one academic year (12 months). It involve credit bearing courses with lectures and tutorials. Students can choose from a wide range of courses which offered by 18 faculties in Universiti Malaya.To access the list of available modules offered to mobility students, Click here.
Mobility students are allowed to register modules with a minimum of 6 credits up to a maximum of 20 credits per semester.
It focuses on the fundamental of multidisciplinary whereby students can study courses from a maximum of 3 different faculties which covers Sciences, Arts & Social Science, Business, Language, Engineering, Computer Science, etcetera.
Visit the website and read the application guide for more details.
Hanyang University, South Korea
2020 Hanyang International Winter School
Course Dates: January 4 - 15, 2021
Deadline to Apply: November 30, 2020
Hanyang International Winter School(HIWS) is one of the leading winter programs in Korea. More than 500 international students are taking online classes at Hanyang University. HIWS offers world-class education combined with a variety of unique online activities.
- Choose from to 20 course in 7 different fields of study
- Gain 3 credits within 2 weeks
- Scholarships of KRW 100,000 available for Partner universities, academic excellence, and early bird registration (October 15)
- Take part in online cultural activities
Program Fee: KRW 900,000
- includes online course fees and tuition, online activities, and application fees
For more information, check out the HIWS 2020 Info Package and visit the website.
Keio University, Japan
The Keio Short-Term Japanese Studies Program (KJSP) introduces international students with no prior knowledge of Japan or its language to Japan's past, present, and future.
Designed to present a broad and yet engaging look into Japan's culture and society, the two-week program, conducted entirely in English, covers a range of topics, from economics and politics to art and food culture. International Students study side by side with Keio students who also take part in the program to provide their assistance while building lasting friendships.
Application deadline: 9:00AM (JST) on November 24, 2020
Program dates: February 24, 2021 to March 9, 2021
*Due to the entry restrictions on foreign nationals, KJSP 2021 is scheduled to be held online via ZOOM.*
Program Fees: 50,000 JPY
For further information and application details, please visit their Website
If you have any questions, feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Korea University, South Korea
This year, in response to the COVID-19 situation, we have implemented two participation tracks, in-person and online.
Online Classes will be delivered via live-streaming with recordings available on-demand.
In-person classes and extracurricular experiences are available for those students who are able to attend in Korea.
KU IWC Overview
▶ Dates: December 28, 2020 (Mon) ~ January 15, 2021 (Fri) [3-week]
▶ Application Period: September 1 ~ November 20 (Early Bird Discount: ~ September 30)
▶ Program Registration Deadline: November 27, 2020 (Fri)
▶ Location: Korea University (Seoul)
▶ Further information can be found at our official website
Yonsei University, South Korea
Winter Abroad at Yonsei University
Program Dates: Dec 28 (Mon) 2020 ~ Jan 19 (Tue) 2021
Application Period: Sep 1 (Tue) ~ Nov 13 (Fri), 2020
Winter Abroad at Yonsei is a 3-week program focusing on academic achievement with various courses with distinguished cultural and historical lectures related to Korean society. However, the course format is subject to change depending on the COVID-19 situation.
Please check on the website.
Students can take up to a maximum of 3 courses and in a total of 9 credits.
- Application Fee: KRW 100,000 (approx. 114 CAD)
- Fee per Course: KRW 100,000,000 (approx. 1143 CAD)
Programs in Europe
Justus Liebig University, Germany
JLU Virtual International Program
Program Dates: November 2020 - February 2021
Application Deadline: September 15, 2020
- More than 50 online courses in different subjects taught in English, French, German and Spanish for international undergraduate and graduate students
- Online German language courses and an online intercultural training course
- Online international group work
- Transcripts of Records with credit points (ECTS)
- Free tuition for students of partner universities of JLU
For more details, check out the JLU VIP Info Package 2020-21 and the Website.
Freie University of Berlin, Germany
From January 4 - 27, 2021, FUBiS offers selected online courses with ECTS credits. Don’t miss out: students who register by November 9, 2020, can take advantage of the early bird discount!
- Subject Courses [Credits: 4 ECTS; Combined fees: 890 EUR/850 EUR incl. early bird discount]
- European Studies (Instructor: Dr. Jan-Henrik Meyer)
- Twentieth Century Berlin: People, Places, Words (Instructor: Dr. Lauren van Vuuren)
- German Philosophy: From Kant to Habermas (Instructor: Dr. Frieder Otto Wolf)
- Seduction and Terror: Hitler's Germany (Instructor: Dr. Marcus Funck)
- German Language Courses [Credits: 4 ECTS; Combined fees: 890 EUR/850 EUR incl. early bird discount]
- German Language and Culture - Semi-Intensive German Language Beginner A1
- German Language and Culture - Semi-Intensive German Language Beginner A2
- German Language and Culture - Semi-Intensive German Language Intermediate B1
View Fubis Online Flyer
For more information, visit the website.
This program will offer five subject courses in English as well as four German language courses on various levels online. Our courses are open to students of all subject areas and offer an interdisciplinary approach to overarching issues and themes relevant to European Studies in Berlin and Germany today. Small class sizes make this a memorable and unique learning experience.
Students can choose and combine from the following online course program:
- Artistic Diversity in Central Europe – Exploring Art in Germany from 1900 to the Present
- To Hell and Back: Germany and Europe in the 19th and 20th Century
- The Human Condition and the Totalitarian Experience
- Media Politics and Structures in Germany and Europe
- Understanding Pop Culture: European-American Encounters
- German Language and Culture, Beginners (A1) to Advanced (C1)
All courses feature 30 contact hours and 4 ECTS credits upon successful completion and can be combined with one another.
Application deadline: December 13, 2020
Program dates: February 8, 2021- May 14, 2021
Program Fee: € 50 program fee per application plus € 800 tuition fee per course (includes € 300 online discount)
For further information and application details, please visit their Website
If you have any questions, feel free to email: email@example.com.
Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich, Germany
Remote European Studies & German Language Program
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU) will be hosting the all European Studies Program 2021 remotely. The online courses will contain all relevant elements of the regular course including interactive live lectures, online group work and assignments and examination procedures.
Attending our EU Studies programs, participants will
- be hosted by the LMU GSI which has just been ranked first regarding research reputation among German political science departments (CHE-Ranking 2020)
- develop a deep understanding of European history, European politics and current crises
- receive ECTS credits & Certificate of Participation for their performance in class
- strengthen their soft skills and rhetoric
Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
Program Dates: January 2 - 22, 2021
Program Cost: Free for University Partners
For more information, check out this LMU Winter Flyer and visit the website.
Planning for Summer 2021?
Check out the list of Summer Programs at York University Partners.