International Student Funding
- Entrance Scholarships
- York University Continuing Student Scholarship
- International Undergraduate Student Bursary
- Financial supports and resources for international students
The International Student Emergency Bursary is available for international students who are experiencing unexpected or emergency financial need due to unforeseen circumstances. The International Student Emergency Bursary is not intended to cover tuition fees. Instead, it is intended to support expenses that have arisen due to unforeseen circumstances.Some reasons why an international student may be eligible for an emergency bursary include:
- Victim of a scam or phishing scheme;
- Natural disaster at home leading to a significant change in financial situations;
- Risk of insecure housing;
- Risk of insecure access to food.
Eligibility Criteria: The International Student Emergency Bursary is available to students who meet the requirements listed below. Students must:
- Be registered as an active student in the current academic term.
- Be registered in an undergraduate or graduate program at York University.
- Be an international student at York University.
- Have completed the Student Financial Profile prior to applying for emergency support.
- Have explored all other sources of financial support such as family support, savings, loans, work, etc.
To Apply: Submit the International Student Emergency Bursary Application Form to York International. To access this form, students must login using their studentPPY@yorku.ca not @my.yorku.ca.Reminder: this emergency bursary is not intended to cover tuition fees, for any reason. Applications submitted to request tuition fee support will not be considered.
Note: All information provided in connection with this application is subject to verification by the University. Any funds received will be applied to your student account at York University. Students will be notified of the decision by email after their application has been reviewed by York International, within up to 15 business days. Please note we are currently experiencing high volumes of applications so students may receive notification of their application status beyond 15 business days.