York International provides pre-departure training and supports to York students who are scheduled to participate in global learning programs (exchange, internships and other short-term programs).
Apr 24, 2020, for 2020-21 York International academic exchanges
2. Summer Study Abroad programs - sessions will be scheduled in collaboration with Program Coordinators.
Students will be required to register in the appropriate pre-departure session. Information will be sent by York International, to students and Program Coordinators.
- Students who have participated in either 1 or 2 will be included in the York International Emergency Contact Program.
- For participants in both types of pre-departures, the York International Mobility Award cannot be processed until all necessary forms are completed.
3. Independent travel (student, faculty or staff)
Contact York International (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are travelling internationally and would like information or support.
2. Risk Management (waiver, emergency contact card, Registration of Canadians abroad)
3. Guard.me® insurance
4. Funding and Finances
5. Inter-cultural awareness
6. Academic Exchange (York International Exchange only)
York Students traveling abroad for international programs are required to purchase guard.me® insurance.
To ensure safety and well-being of York students traveling abroad, York University has developed a partnership with guard.me® Insurance. It provides comprehensive insurance coverage and benefits that are in the best interest of the students and the university at-large.
All students accepted to go on a York Exchange/Summer Abroad/York-facilitated global internship are required to come to a Pre-Departure Training Session.