Go Global SDGs in Action Student Challenge
Funded by the Government of Canada’s Outbound Student Mobility Pilot Program Global Skills Opportunity (GSO), York University’s Go Global SDGs in Action Student Challenge aims to empower York students and their peers around the world to take action towards the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goals with a global lens. Through facilitated discussions, workshops, and immersive abroad opportunities, students will develop global competencies, leadership, digital fluency, and project management skills necessary to take action on SDGs. By participating in the program, students will learn and experience the opportunities and challenges in leading community action for social change.
Participate and Create Local and Global Impact!
- Grow your knowledge on the SDGs and important global skills such as intercultural communication, leadership, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, digital fluency and project management skills through virtual workshops.
- Make local and global impact by leading your own action projects that will contribute to the SDGs with the mentorship of York and partner faculties, global experts and in collaboration with your peers from around the world. (more details in SDG Project Outline)
- Receive up to $8000 to support you to study, research or work in the communities/locations of your SDG projects (must be a current YorkU Student)*
*Note: Funding would depend duration, and location of your study, work, or research abroad, which will be configured to best fit your degree path and objectives.
Ready to make an impact?
- Register via Zoom to attend an information session
Tuesdays at 3:00pm
Thursdays & Fridays at 12:00pm
- Review selection requirements and criteria:
- Priority will be given to Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, and low-income, or students living with disabilities
- Minimum 6.0 GPA (B average)
- In 2nd year of undergraduate study or higher
- Statement of Interest: In 500 words or less, share what inspired you to join this program. You might include previous work on SDGs or how SDGs have impacted your life/career goals
- Apply here: https://yorku.moveonca.com/form/618928e2523d487d307c32f2/eng#
Deadline to Apply: December 17, 2021
Are you an Faculty Member interested in being a Mentor?
Check out the details in the Call for Faculty Mentors
Join the faculty information sessions to learn more:
Global Learning Coordinator, York International