Internationalize your degree by taking Summer Abroad Courses!
A Few Quick Facts:
- Courses are 4-6 weeks in length and take place during the Summer Term at York University (May-August)
- Relatively small classes (range from 15 to a maximum of 25 students per course)
- Prerequisites may be required for a number of courses
- Credits and grades are added directly to your transcript and can count toward your degree at York
- Open to students from other universities on a Letter Of Permission (LOP). Students from other universities are ineligible for scholarship monies
- Information sessions are offered to hear more details about all the summer programs offered through York University. Click here to register for an information session or webinar.
- 6.0 Credit YorkU Courses Abroad are eligible for OSAP funding. Click here for more details.
York University Summer Abroad Courses
York University Courses taught by York Professors
- FA/THEA 3000: Edinburgh Production Practicum
- FA/FILM 3375: Learning from Los Angeles: History of the Image and the Image of History
- GL/SP 3100 6.00: Advanced Spanish [Study trip to Mexico]
- FA/DANCE 2510/3510/4510 3.0 : Philippine Dance and Culture
- GL/POLS 4400 6.0: The Netherlands and the EU
In Las Nubes, Costa Rica
- ENVS 4810A 3.0/6.0: Conservation and Development for Environmental Sustainability and Well-being
- ENVS 4810B 3.0: Environmental Arts and Food Sovereignty in Costa Rica
- ENVS 4120 3.0: Natural History: Environmental Education in Costa Rica
- ENVS 4446 3.0: Protected Area Management in Costa Rica
- EDUC 3700 3.0: Educating for a Sustainable Future: A Multidisciplinary Approach
Note: Graduate students in Education can register for this course as an independent study
- GL/SP/COMS 4608 3.00: Narratives in Costa Rica: Individuals, Communities and their Voices
You may also take courses organized by the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies.
These are the 2020 Listings:
- Greece: HIST 3357 6.0: A Modern Greek History in Athens
- China: AP/ADMS 4335 & AP/ADMS 4336 6.0: Supply Chain Management: Theory and Practice I & II
- India: AP/ANTH 2130 6.0: Images of Resistance/Irresistible Images: Anthropology through the Visual
- Germany: GER 3600/4600 3.0: Berlin: History, Memory, and the Contemporary City
- Honduras - AP/PHIL 4600 3.0: Animal Communication
Visit the website for course descriptions and to join the mailing list.
For specific queries on the LA&PS Summer Courses, please contact Harj Singh at email@example.com.
Didn't find a program for you?
Be sure to check to see what your faculty offers and check out our Summer School Partners for a great variety of other courses.