Congratulations on your admission to York University!
York International is delighted to welcome you to the vibrant York community. As you embark on a new adventure of living and studying in Canada, York International is here to support your success. As the designated support office for international students, York International offers crucial services and programs tailored to address your unique needs. We should be your first stop at York for information about immigration issues, health insurance, working in Canada, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: +1 416-736-5177. Once you arrive at York, visit us at 200 York Lanes. The International Student and Scholar Services team and I look forward to meeting you soon!
Associate Director, International Student and Scholar Services, York International.
First Steps for a New International Student:
Online Workshops for new international students are offered throughout the Summer term. Check back in Summer 2017 for new webinars.
Once you arrive in Canada there are several options for getting to York University. Click here for details.
Registration for Winter Orientation:
It is mandatory that all new international students participate in an International Student Orientation Session.
York International will offer four orientation sessions in Winter 2017 on York's Keele campus. New international students should plan to attend one. Sessions are 2 hours long and will be offered between Tuesday, January 3, 2017 and Friday, January 6, 2017 in 280N York Lanes OR 242 York Lanes. **You only need to register for and attend one orientation session that fits your schedule. To register, please click here.
At The New International Student Orientation you will:
- Learn where to access essential information about immigration requirements for international students.
- Learn about social and cultural transition and ways to adapt to the new Canadian academic environment.
- Have the opportunity to develop lasting friendships with fellow students and international student peers.
- Learn how to enroll in the mandatory University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
- Learn key information about life on campus including safety and security at York University.
York University offers a wide variety of Orientation programming for all new and incoming students and international students are encouraged to also actively engage in campus wide orientation sessions:
- Winter Academic Orientation is for all new incoming students, including transfer and mature students, and will take place the day before the first day of classes on Wednesday, January 4, 2017. Students will receive an email inviting them to register for Winter Orientation via their College. For more information on the Winter Academic Orientation and the Campus Services Fair, click here.