Welcome to YorkU! You are now part of a community of 52,000 undergraduate and graduate students that is also one of Canada's most diverse. More than 6,200 of those students are international students from 178 countries around the world.
- Glendon campus is the only bilingual university campus in southern Ontario.
- There are over 300 student clubs and organizations at YorkU. Many reflect the current or historic home nations, faiths, and languages of our students.
- Global Student Liaisons are a group of current international students that help new international students like you adjust to campus life at York.
Global Student Liaisons
Global Connections (GC) is a project designed to help incoming international students obtain information about York University and Canada before they arrive. By connecting new international students with with current international students called Global Student Liaisons (GSL), this innovative program bridges the gap across countries, languages, and time zones. Go to the Global Connections page now and meet fellow international students!
Diversity in Our Courses and Programs
- YorkU offers a variety of language and culture courses including: American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Greek (both Classical and Modern), Hebrew, Hindi-Urdu, Jamaican Creole, Korean, Latin, Persian, Russian, and Swahili.
- YorkU also offers programs in German Studies, Italian Studies, Japanese Studies, Portuguese and Luso-Brazilian Studies, and Spanish.