Please note: The internship positions below are eligible for funding from York International (minimum length of internship 2 months).
- Full-time undergraduate and first year graduate students registered in a degree program at the University
- Students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 6.0 (B)
- Students must be returning to York University for at least one semester after their internship i.e. students who are graduating in the summer will only be eligible if they are returning to York for at least one semester in the fall.
- In addition to the general criteria, specific eligibility requirements, including language proficiency, are outlined for each position.
Number of Placements: 2
Students will fulfill tasks relating to teaching, normally English, to Spanish kids, teenagers, or adults, although in some cases it could be another language: French, German, Chinese, etc. They will work hand in hand with our affiliated schools and universities to develop their classes, curriculum, communicative methodology, etc.
This internship is intended principally for students who are studying subjects relating to education in any field or foreign language education.
Spanish level: Intermediate
English level: Advanced
For students who wish to dedicate part of their time to volunteer work, giving (time, resources, work, etc.) and receiving (satisfaction, training, experience, human relations, etc.), this is, without a doubt, the right choice. Students will get to know firsthand the work of the Red Cross and other charitable organizations and will be able to participate in the humanitarian efforts as well as get involved with a variety of programs that they will carry out in the city while practicing their Spanish. To carry out this voluntary work, we work actively with the Red Cross, Economic Kitchen and other associations, with whom they will be able to immerse themselves in the following fields: domestic violence, poverty, environment, social intervention, youth, employment, etc.
Spanish level: Beginner-Intermediate
We can ALSO offer you:
- Accommodation with family selected by TSE or the City Council, Student Housing with full board, or shared apartment (only housing).
- Transfers from the nearest airports (Madrid and Valencia to Cuenca, A Coruña and Santiago de Compostela to A Coruña).
- Educational tours and weekend trips.
- Medical insurance for the student.
- Internship and accommodation costs can be found here.
- Please see our Student Guides for more information: Cuenca or A Coruña
Program Dates: Minimum of 2 months between May and August, 2018
How to Apply: https://www.truespanishexperience.com/inscripcion