Congratulations on making it through the fall term and best wishes for the holiday season! York International has prepared this page to support you during the winter break no matter where you are in the world.
Note that York University will be closed between
Friday, December 23, 2022 and Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
|Mental Wellness Student Support||
Outside of Ontario
|Covid-19 Updates||For news and updates, please visit the YU Better Together website.|
|YorkU’s Online Self-Serve Tools||My Online Services|
UHIP or health insurance
Holiday Season in the Community
York International Holiday Activities
Are you staying on or near campus this holiday break? Looking for something to do? Join us at our festive events, taking place throughout the break!
Visit the Royal Ontario Museum with York International
December 27, 2022
Explore the Holiday Market with
December 29, 2022
Bookstore Hopping with
January 3, 2023
What's Happening in the City?
Looking for activities to do in Toronto?
- Check out all the festive fun happening in the city, on BlogTO.
- On a budget? Take a look at all these free events happening over the holidays.
- Take a walk and explore your neighborhood: don't underestimate the value of a simple walk. Make sure to bundle up!
Looking to stay cozy indoors?
- Did you know that as a York student, you can get access to free movies through Library's electronic resources? All you need is your Passport York login. Connect to Criterion on Demand to begin your movie marathon!
- You can access other streaming options through the YU Library.
- Of course, you can always go back to Netflix if you haven't watched everything already.
- If you love to read, access the large collection of books that the York libraries and Toronto Public Libraries (TPL) have to offer. The TPL also has a list of 38 ways you can use the library from home.
- Enjoy some virtual events suggested by and listed on common sites such as blogTO, Toronto.com and Eventbrite.
Get useful information on your immigration status and what you need to know about your study permit at this time.
Health & Safety
Read more information about health insurance, mental health supports, and security contacts.
Our team has put together a list of fun activities in this blog post – check it out!
Exam season was stressful! Lots of sleepless nights and far too much coffee…well, it’s time to unwind now, you deserve it! Take a look at some tips and tricks on ways to de-stress this holiday season.
December 26th is not just the day after Christmas! Here in Canada, we celebrate Boxing Day – check out this blog post to learn all about this holiday and what you can do to celebrate.