Conference Academic Committee
Listed alphabetically by first name.
- Atsumfumi Yokoi, Vice President for Global Engagement Strategy, Okayama University, Japan
- Prof. Charles Hopkins, York UNESCO Chair in Reorienting Education towards Sustainability (Co-Chair)
- Helen Balderama, Associate Director, York International
- Dr. Hilligje Van Land’t, Secretary-General, International Association of Universities (IAU)
- Humayra Safa, Education Officer at the SDG Student Hub at York University
- Isabelle LeVert-Chiasson, Programme Officer, Canadian Commission for UNESCO
- Katrin Kohl, Executive Coordinator to the York UNESCO Chair (Coordination of the Committee)
- Prof. Pablo Idahosa, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies at York University
- Dr. Ravi De Costa, Chair of the President´s Sustainability Council at York University
- Vinitha Gengatharan, Executive Director, York International (Co-Chair)
Listed alphabetically by first name.
- Andreas Rizopolus, Student International Studies Program
- Althea Reyes, SDSN SDG York Hub Youth Ambassador
- Beth Eden, SDSN Communications Officer - BA of Environ. Studies
- Eliana Fleifel, SDSN Communications Officer - MA Development Practice
- Humayra Safa, SDSN SDG Hub York Education Officer
- Laura Perez-Gonzales, Undergraduate Student
- Mirco Stella, PhD Candidate - Education
- Sally Abu Sabaa, YUELI Coordinator at York
- Sarah Waithe, PhD Candidate - Development Studies
- Selina Greco, PhD Candidate- Environmental/Sustainability Education
Conference Organizing Committee
Associate Director, International Partnerships and Programs at York International
Executive Coordinator to the UNESCO Chair in Reorienting Education towards Sustainability"
Katrin Kohl is the Focal Point for SDG 4 on Quality Education in the Higher Education and Research for Sustainable Development (HESD) Global Cluster, with the International Association of Universities. She is the Executive Coordinator to the UNESCO Chair in Reorienting Education towards Sustainability at York University, responsible for overall strategy and coordination of global research projects. She is a lawyer and holds an MBA. Prior to her engagement with York University, Katrin served as the Managing Director of the German Commission for UNESCO and in other management positions in Germany, at the University of Duesseldorf and the Cornelsen International Publishing House.
Global Learning Coordinator, York International, York University
Marierose Talla is passionate about interculturality, global engagement, and the student experience.
As the Global Learning Coordinator at York International, assisting in several global learning projects, including the Globally Networked Learning Initiative, Summer Abroad, and the Sustainable on the Go Conference. As a York University Alumna of Glendon’s International Studies and Political Science Program, Prior to joining York International, she had completed an Internship at Pinelands Creative Workshop, a leading non-governmental organization in Barbados, supporting youth programs and partnerships. Marierose Talla holds an international baccaleaureate, with a double major in International Studies and Political and a Certificate of Law and Social Thought from York University, Glendon College.
International Projects Officer, York International, York University, Canada
Wessen Rawazik is a higher education expert with deep experience in higher education, student recruitment and retention, and internationalization in a variety of capacities. Most recently, she was Head of Global Projects at the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London.
Prior to that appointment, she served as Head of Quality Assurance and Director of Higher Education, Regulations and Compliance for the Knowledge and Human Development Authority in Dubai. While in that role, Wessen had the opportunity to work closely with the government on licensure approvals and quality assurance measures.
Wessen is currently a DBA candidate in Higher Education Management at the University of Bath. She holds a Master of Arts in International Relations from the University of Windsor and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (Hons.) from the University of Western Ontario. She is fluent in Arabic.