In addition to our YorkU Summer Abroad Courses, students can participate in the following summer school programs through a Letter of Permission (LOP). Please note: to ensure your Letter of Permission request is processed in time for the Spring/Summer term, applications should be sent at least six weeks prior to the first day of enrolment.
All students registered and selected to go on Summer Abroad programs are eligible for York International Mobility Award (YIMA). Visit the YIMA page.
The University of Bonn is proud to offer 3 summer programs:
- During the summer, the University of Bonn holds a four-week Summer Course. German language classes (different levels) will take place in the morning and work groups as well as excursions in the afternoon. Make sure you sign up well in advance, as applications always exceed availability. Please click here for details.Please note: NEW! A Scholarship is available for Summer 2017!
- NEW! Summer School on Development Policy in Bonn. The Summer School addresses graduate and postgraduate students from any field of study.The course will take place from July 31 to August 11, 2017, and the program is conducted in English.Please visit their website for more information.
- NEW! Summer School on Intellectual Property in Bonn. The Summer School addresses graduate and postgraduate students from any field of study.It will take place from July 31 to August 11, 2017 and the program is conducted in English.Please visit their website for more information.
Email email@example.com for more details and for information about how to apply.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is delighted to be selected as the host of the next Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Summer School.
The ‘Sustainable Cities and Communities’, the Summer School will take place from 1 to 9 July 2018, bringing together 50 students from ACU member universities from around the world to Hong Kong for a week of expert lectures, field trips, networking, social events and group work. Participants will have the opportunity to share examples of innovative best practice in sustainable city development and discuss how to set a new urban agenda in their home countries.
Applications will open in November 2017 and should be submitted to the ACU. Interested students should stay tuned for registration details on the ACU website.
NEW! Participate in two ISS sessions in July and August 2018.
All sessions include: academic studies that will be accompanied by a range of activities, events and field trips that immerse students in the international environment at the ISS as well as the unique East-meets-West character that epitomizes Hong Kong. T
he ISS will be held at the CUHK main campus in Shatin, Hong Kong. All courses will be taught in English (with the exception of Chinese Language courses) by outstanding CUHK and visiting academic faculty from overseas universities.
24 June to 1 August 2018
At the ISS July session, courses will be offered in the following areas:
Business & Management
Chinese Language (Cantonese & Putonghua)
Environment, Science & Technology
Humanities & Social Science
An optional four-day Beijing tour at the end of the July Session will allow students to explore the Chinese capital.
3 August to 25 August 2018
At the ISS August session,
Four levels of Putonghua (Mandarin) courses will be offered from beginner to intermediate levels.
For more information, visit their website. Please note: Applications will open on 9 February 2018 and will close on 30 April (July Session) and 31 May (August Session) respectively.
NEW! Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is excited to offer their International Summer Exchange Program (ISP) from 19 June to 13 August 2018.
ISP 2018 will offer a wide range of credit-bearing courses and organize local excursions and activities for students to gain insight into the Asian culture. Students can choose courses from:
- School of Science
- School of Engineering
- School of Business and Management
- School of Humanities and Social Science
- Interdisciplinary Programs Office
NEW! EU Law and Human Rights in a Time of Crisis summer programme.
In the aftermath of Brexit and the election of Donald Trump, the EU faces challenges to its role as a powerful global economy and a promoter of human rights.
This unique, credit-bearing summer programme invites participants to engage with and learn from European academics and professionals as we consider how the interplay between corporate practice, economic freedoms and human rights shapes the EU and its relationship with other countries and regions.
- When: June 23-30 2018
- Who: If you're currently a: law, pre-law, social studies, international relations, economics and business major - this course is for you! However, it is open to all undergraduates students.
- Included in your fee: airport transfers/Dublin orientation/all tuition and transcripts/networking events/guest lectures/on-campus single-room accommodation/lunch Monday-Saturday
- Cost: just €850
The deadline to apply is March 13th 2018.
NEW! Sophia University is excited to offer two summer programs:
- East Asian Studies and Japanese Language
This program is 8 weeks long and begins June 4, 2018 (more information here)
Course fee: 210,000 Yen
- Japanese Language
This program is 4 weeks long and begins July 2, 2018.
Course fee: 190,000 Yen
For more information about costs, course details and dates, please visit the links attached. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
NEW! PH Frieburg is happy to announce their International Summer Studies Program.
- When: June 4 - 29, 2018
- Located in both Freiburg, Germany and Basel, Switzerland
- Courses are conducted in English, and there are 4 courses to choose from
- open to Education/teacher candidates
NEW! This program allows undergraduate students to take credit-bearing courses and to study alongside Keio students during the second academic quarter at Keio (June
For information/course overview please visit their website.
Please note: applications will open on February 1, 2018 (more info here).