On 17th November 2022, during the International Education Week 2022, York University and their international partners will host the 2nd Sustainable on the Go Conference (SOTG 2022). In the lead-up to conference, we want to hear from young voices from around the world to engage in the discussion on how internationalization and mobility in higher education can contribute to a better world. How can studying abroad and learning to respectfully work in intercultural teams make a difference? We are looking for you to play an active and meaningful role in the conference in a meaningful way.
This pre-conference Youth Engagement Program is facilitated by our conference partner, Crossing Borders Education (CBE). It will provide you with the international group experience of building trust across cultural differences and establish a dialogue culture to actively engage with each other, collaborate, and creatively contribute to the themes of the SOTG 2022 Conference.
We are looking for you to make a difference!
Participate to gain skills, creativity, and knowledge to be a part of and co-facilitate sessions at the SOTG 2022 in November 2022! CBE will facilitate the virtual sessions in small groups to experience the depth, vulnerability, and courage necessary to nurture our capacities of empathic listening and human care.
- Explore topics of Resilience, Creativity and Belonging through the art of story
- Experience empathic intercultural dialogue and storytelling activities that support you to connect with other likeminded university students around the world.
- Grow into a caring international youth community that will equip you to meaningfully contribute to the themes of the SOGT 2022.
Learn more: Experience Deep Connections, Uplifting Peer Community and Active Hope. This 2-minute trailer shows the depth of connection that you are invited to experience.
Yes, I want to be a part of this. Am I eligible?
We are looking for participants with the following eligibility criteria:
- You are between 17-24 years old and are enrolled as a student in a higher education institution at the time of the application and for the duration of the program.
- You would like to work in an international team of youth leaders to contribute to an international conference and make a difference.
- You have an interest and/or experience in the SOTG 2022 themes and/or intercultural learning.
- You can commit and attend the 3 virtual workshops on 14, 18, 20 July 2022 (2 hours each).
- You have a working knowledge of English and can engage in virtual platforms.
I am ready to make an impact. What are the next steps?
Send us your statement of interest: In 300 words or less, share who you are, and what inspires to be part of the SOTG 2022. You might include previous experience with international education and/or sustainability and your life/career goals. Deadline to apply: June 3, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
You can be eligible if you are still a student during the workshops in July or if you demonstrate you are going to start other studies in the fall 2022.
The workshops will take place virtually on July 15, 18 and 20. If you are in Japan or in Asia Pacific, they will take place on July 16, 18 and 21.
The workshops are two hours long. The times are as follows
- 12:00 EST/ 16:00 UTC / 17:00 UK/ 18:00 France/ 20:00 EST (July 15, 18 and 20)
Due to the time hour difference, if you are in Japan or Asia Pacific, the workshops schedules are as follows:
- 9:00 Japan (July 16, 18 and 21)
Yes, all the events are virtual!
The workshops in July are part of the SOTG 2022 Youth Engagement Program. These workshops are designed to provide you with specific skills to better prepare yourself to participate in the SOTG 2022 Conference on November 17.
The SOTG 2022 is a Virtual Conference that aims to explore the topic of navigating the new normal in higher education. This conference will take place on November 17.
We recommend participating in the conference if you were selected to be part of the 3 workshops.
Yes, it is free!
Yes! You can still apply, and you will be able to learn about SDGs and the three themes of the SOTG 2022 Conference.
Still wondering…any questions?
Sustainable on the Go at York University: Mario Guerrero (email@example.com) Project Officer.