updated January 15, 2021
Ontario has declared a State of Emergency due to rising numbers of COVID cases across the province. The province has also issued a Stay at Home order, requiring everyone to stay at home except for essential reasons.
Learn more about what this means for you.
Additional information for international students:
- All Ontario residents are required to stay home except for essential reasons. This includes international students who have completed their mandatory 14-day quarantine period.
- Essential reasons include grocery shopping, getting medicines and other medical supplies, exercise in outdoor areas, etc.
- Indoor gatherings are discouraged and outdoor gatherings are limited to 5 people.
- For students living in residence (York undergrad residence, York Apartments, the Quad, etc), please refer to Housing/Residence Life/The Quad staff for further information.
- Masks must be worn in indoor public settings (ie grocery stores).
If you are living in on-campus residence, you may leave for essential purposes but that the Stay at Home orders require everyone to stay at their home/place of residence otherwise.
With the rise in cases in Toronto/Ontario, it is vital that we all do our part to help protect ourselves and the community from the spread of COVID.
Order in Council for the Stay at Home order: https://files.ontario.ca/solgen-stay-at-home-order-2021-01-13.pdf