2019/2020 Winter Opportunities
Winter Abroad at Nagoya University, Japan
Looking to improve your Japanese? Nagoya university is pleased to offer the Short Term Intermediate Japanese program in February 2020!
Program Dates: February 10, 2020 - February 19 2020
Application Deadline: October 16, 2019
- Japanese language classes(intermediate)
- Cultural excursions
- Field trips
- Laboratory visits
- Home Visit
- Specialized lectures
- Exchange and discussions with Nagoya University students
Click here for the Syllabus and Application Details
For further details, please visit the website and contact
Go Global Projects Assistant
Winter Abroad at Keio University, Japan
Keio University is pleased to offer the Keio Short-Term Japanese Studies Program (KJSP) to York University Students this winter. KJSP is a two-week, intensive English-taught program which offers lectures on a variety of topics, off-campus activities, networking opportunities, and more to present a broad and yet engaging look into Japan's culture and society.
Program dates: February 6 - 20 2020.
Some highlights include:
- learning from a mix of important academic topics like Japanese Politico-Economic Development as well as fun topics such as Literature of the Samurai
- Take part in an overnight trip to Nikko
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
For application details, click here.
Winter Abroad at Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
From 2019-2020, Yonsei University offers a 5-week winter program at our Sinchon campus for international students who would like to enjoy the winter in Seoul.
Winter Abroad at Yonsei is composed of two separate sessions:
- Session 1 Dates: December 27, 2019 - January 17, 2020
- This 3-week program focuses on academic achievement with various courses
- Session 2 Dates: January 20, 2020 - February 4, 2020
- This 2-week program is an intensive Korean language course along with distinguished cultural and historical lectures related to Korea society.
- Students can attend one or both sessions
On the weekend, participants can enjoy special Korean winter activities. We provide an excellent opportunity to enhance your scholarship, to interact with eminent professors and to enjoy the companionship of participants from all over the world.
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2019
Zheijang University Global Program, School of International Studies Centre (China)
This program aims at providing students with an opportunity to experience new cultures whilst studying abroad in one of the most prestigious universities in China. Students from all disciplines are welcome to attend our courses and experience a dynamic cultural experience.
Courses are taught in various disciplines including
Scholarships are available for York University students if they can demonstrate a distinctive ability in learning and engaging in the activities.
Program dates: December 23, 2019 to January 10, 2020
See the Zheijiang University Global Program Brochure for more information about the program and application details.
For additional information and support:
2018 Winter Opportunities
Centre for Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship launches two-week Winter School on Social Entrepreneurship, which provides classroom knowledge, immersive/experiential learning, self-study and peer learning opportunities to student-participants, with varied academic backgrounds, about Social Entrepreneurship and its related ecosystem, with specific interest and focus upon the geo-cultural and socio-economic context of Asia.
- Duration: 3 - 14 December 2018
- Deadline: 1st June 2018
For more information and to apply visit their website.
Conducted by NTU Confucius Institute, this course aims to equip students with basic Chinese language skills. It is ideal for beginners with no prior knowledge or for those who have studied basic Chinese and would like to enhance their proficiency. The programme will cover 2 parts: Chinese Language and Chinese Cultural Studies.
- Duration: 3 - 25 January 2018 (3 weeks)
- Accommodation: On Campus @ NTU Hostels (Only twin sharing rooms are available and priced at S$30 per person.)
- Orientation/Course Opening: 3 January 2018 (It is mandatory that students to attend)
- Singapore Tour: 6 January 2018 (It is mandatory that students to attend the Singapore for better immersion and cultural integration).