York International's Faculty & Staff Listserv
York International invites you to subscribe to our new university-wide listserv that has been designed to better support the retention and success of York’s international students.
Through this listserv, we will:
- Inform the campus community about relevant changes to Canadian immigration law.
- Share today’s best practices regarding cross-cultural communication and the internationalization of post-secondary education in Canada.
- Support faculty and staff in addressing the unique needs of international students, including health insurance, acculturation, and immigration-related issues.
- Foster a collaborative network to support international students at York University by enhancing communication between on-campus partners.
- Additionally, if you have experienced challenges in serving our international students, we welcome your input and will attempt to respond to your concerns in an upcoming mailing.
To subscribe and suggest topics for us to address, please complete the form available here.
Training for Staff and Faculty
York International offers training to York staff and faculty on the central issues related to the internationalization of education.
For example, if your faculty or unit is interested in learning about the current immigration rules that pertain to visiting international students, or the best practices for students embarking on a Global Learning Initiative, we can help.
Please email email@example.com to discuss the training sessions we offer in greater detail.