What is YIMA?
The York International Mobility Award (YIMA) is a travel subsidy provided to degree-seeking York University students in support of their participation in global learning opportunities.
All York University students selected for international mobility programs are eligible to receive YIMA.
The amount of YIMA funding is based on: (1) program duration and the (2) destination/country where the activity is taking place. Students with financial needs will be given higher consideration.
- For credit mobility programs: York International, Osgoode and Glendon Exchange Programs and other approved York University short-term programs.
- Non-credit mobility programs: international conferences, competitions, fora and other approved global learning initiative.
York International also provides Supplemental YIMA for students experiencing financial hardship as a result of unforeseen circumstances during their exchange.
Additional information regarding YIMA funding is found here.
How to Apply
For programs between May 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020 use the following on line forms.
1. Exchange Programs (GL, OS and YI) - link to form will be sent after pre departure session.
2. YorkU Short Term Programs - link to form will be sent after pre departure session
3. Other Short Term Programs Note: Supporting documents are required for Other Short Term Programs. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Application for Programs from May 2018 - April 2019
Application for Programs from May 2019 - April 2020.
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. When e-mailing to inquire about status, include the name and dates of your program on the subject line.