Interested in innovative pedagogies that combine internationalization and experiential education? Interested in co-teaching a course with an international partner?
GNL pedagogy supports student-centered learning and teaching for the 21st century university. It supports the development of global competencies – among students and instructors – required to adapt, thrive, and succeed in becoming global citizens engaged in complex, intercultural problem solving. As a form of experiential education that transcends borders, the promise of GNL can be reinforced through open pedagogy, development of digital literacy and production, and other forms of innovative knowledge-making practices across cultures.
At this workshop, the GNL team and York International will provide in-depth and hands-on guidance to help York University faculty members and Partners bring Global Perspectives and Cross-Cultural Discussion into existing courses.
Some of these how-to’s include:
- How to Choose and Build Partnerships to Integrate the GNL Approach
- How to Identify and Integrate GNL-Enhanced Course Activities
Missed the Workshop?
- View the Presentation Slides (pdf)
- Watch the 10AM Workshop Recording
- Watch the 6PM Workshop Recording
More Resources for Faculty Members:
- GNL Call for Participation (English)
- GNL-VE Call for Participation (French)
- July 14 GNL Launch - Presentation Slides (pdf)
- July 14 GNL Launch - Recording of Webinar
- GNL Proposal Submission Form