Drop in to speak with our immigration specialists who can help answer your immigration-related questions.
Due to a high volume of inquiries at this time, drop-in virtual advising is conducted as a group advising session. To help you get the information that you need as quickly as possible, we suggest that you check out the following resources before attending a drop-in session:
- Do you have questions about how to obtain the documents you need for a study permit extension or post-graduation work permit application? Check York International's Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Are you unsure of how to complete a study permit extension application or post-graduation work permit application? Check York International's Immigration resources page for step-by-step webinar slides and resources. Note that the Immigration Advising team also hosts monthly webinars where we will walk through the webinar slides in detail and have time for student q&a at the end. Check this calendar for the next available date
Please note: If you are fully vaccinated or will be fully vaccinated before traveling and have questions about how that will impact your travel, quarantine arrangements and/or move-in arrangements, please first carefully review the Quarantine information page for fully vaccinated travellers.
If you have carefully reviewed the resources above and still need to ask questions
Register here to receive a zoom link.
We look forward to speaking with you soon!
I need a 1:1 appointment, what should I do?
If you have a question that you think will take longer than 5-10 minutes, please follow these instructions:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Request for Immigration Advising Appointment and your student number.
- In the body of the email
- write your full name & your student number
- confirm whether you are inside or outside Canada
- confirm the expiry date of your current study permit, the visa sticker in your passport, and your passport expiry date
- confirm any relevant deadlines you are required to meet
- write out your questions to the best of your ability with as much relevant detail as possible.
Upon receipt of your email, an advisor will send you a link to book an appointment.