Congratulations on Your Admission to York University!
York International is delighted to welcome you to the vibrant YorkU community. As you embark on a new adventure of living and studying in Canada, York International is here to support your success. As the designated support office for international students, York International offers crucial services and programs tailored to address your unique needs. We should be your first stop at YorkU for information about immigration issues, health insurance, working in Canada, and much more.
If you have any questions, please contact us by Email: email@example.com or Phone: +1 416-736-5177. Once you arrive at York, visit us at 200 York Lanes. The International Student and Scholar Services team and I look forward to meeting you soon!
Associate Director, International Student and Scholar Services, York International.
York International's Orientation for New Students
New International students have several orientations to address your unique needs:
- New international student orientation. Hosted by York International, this mandatory orientation helps international students understand and adjust to living in Canada and addresses situations and questions uniquely common to this group.
- All YorkU students are encouraged to participate in the general York University Orientation. This helps students get their bearings around campus and to learn various requirements and expectations of all students.
- Each College holds a unique orientation to provide all students with a sampling of their services, clubs, facilities, student government, and to encourage college community.
Registration for Summer Orientation
It is mandatory that all new international students participate in an International Student Orientation Session.
York International will offer two orientation sessions in Summer 2017 on York's Keele campus. New international students should plan to attend one. Sessions are 2 hours long. The session on April 27th will be held in either room 242 York Lanes or 280N York Lanes (TBD closer to the date) and the session on May 2nd will be held in 242 York Lanes. **You only need to register for and attend one orientation session that fits your schedule. To register, please click here.
At the New International Student Orientation You Will:
- Learn where to access essential information about immigration requirements for international students.
- Learn about social and cultural transition and ways to adapt to the new Canadian academic environment.
- Have the opportunity to develop lasting friendships with fellow students and international student peers.
- Learn how to enroll in the mandatory University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
- Learn key information about life on campus including safety and security at York University.
Fall Term Orientation
Check back mid-Summer 2017 for information and links.
York University offers a wide variety of orientation programming for all new and incoming students and international students are encouraged to also actively engage in campus wide orientation sessions.
Every undergraduate student is assigned to a college. Typically, college assignments are tied to your program major. Your college will contact you with more information about their orientation activities.
YU START is a New Student Transition Program designed to support you as you make your way into and through your first year at York University. During this transitional program, you’ll enrol in courses, connect with fellow classmates, student leaders, faculty members and student services staff, and become more familiar with campus life, supports and resources available to you.
York International is also here to help you gain valuable international experience and enrich your education. There are many types of global learning opportunities available to York students. Click here for information on the Go Global programs.
After exploring your options, speak with one of York International's Global Learning staff who will assist you during the application process and help prepare you to Go Global!