What is YIMA?
The York International Mobility Award (YIMA) is a travel subsidy provided to degree-seeking York University students in support of their participation in global learning opportunities.
All York University students selected for international mobility programs are eligible to receive YIMA.
The amount of YIMA funding is based on: (1) program duration and the (2) destination/country where the activity is taking place. Students with financial needs will be given higher consideration.
- For credit mobility programs: York International, Osgoode and Glendon Exchange Programs and other approved York University short-term programs.
- Non-credit mobility programs: international conferences, competitions, fora and other approved global learning initiative.
York International also provides Supplemental YIMA for students experiencing financial hardship as a result of unforeseen circumstances during their exchange.
Additional information regarding YIMA funding is found here.
How to Apply
For programs between May 1, 2017 and April 30, 2018 use the following on line forms.
- Exchange Programs (GL, OS and YI), apply here.
- YorkU Short Term Programs, apply here.
- Other Short Term Programs, apply here.
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. When e-mailing to inquire about status, include the name and dates of your program on the subject line.