- Undergraduate students in an Honours program and graduate students of any discipline. (Excluding Schulich Students)
- Students who have a minimum B average (6.0 GPA).
- It is recommended that you apply during your second year to spend your third year abroad.
- Some exchanges are restricted to certain disciplines.
- Glendon and Osgoode students may apply for their department facilitated exchanges and/or a York International Exchange.
- If you are applying to an institution where the language of instruction is NOT English you will need to be proficient in the host language.
- Part-time students at York may participate, however, you must study full-time while abroad.
- It is preferred that you study abroad for your third year of study as students finishing their first year of studies often do not have the prerequisites to pursue studies at the host institute. Those in their final year have less flexibility in course selection and may have difficulties finding courses abroad.
Students will be notified if they have been selected for an Exchange in January -February.
Selection is based on:
- Academic Ability
- Personal Adaptability
- Suitability of the host institution’s program for degree requirements
- Participation in university and community life.