As a student participating in a York International Exchange you must complete and submit an International Exchange Course Assessment Form before you depart for your exchange. Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure you meet the course prerequisites for the course(s) you wish to enrol in at the host institution.
- Course(s) completed on an International Exchange meet your program requirements.
- Do not repeat courses already passed.
- Provide detailed course outlines to the corresponding departments at York that include such information as:
- course description
- textbook information (author, title, edition, year of publication)
- method of evaluation (e.g. two exams, 50% each)
- breakdown of lectures per class with book chapters included
- see Course Outline Example
- Should your enrolment/registration change; that is, you change the course(s) you take at the host university, you must complete a new International Exchange Course Assessment form for any replacement course(s).
- An official transcript will be forwarded to York International Office at York University as soon as final grades are available from the host institution.
- Obtain a detailed course outline from the host institution for each course you wish to take.
- Print and fill out the York International Exchange Course Assessment Form
- List all the courses you plan to take under "Course Title" and indicate if they are Elective, Major, Minor or General Education.
- With the course assessment form and course outlines, seek approval from the Department responsible for offering the course at York. (Example: if seeking a course equivalent for a Math course, visit the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.)
- The department will decide if your exchange course is equivalent to the YorkU course.
- You can list multiple courses from different departments on one course assessment form BUT ensure each department has signed for the appropriate course.
- Submit the completed York International Exchange Course Assessment Form to York International by email it to email@example.com
- When you have completed the course(s) at the host institution and grades are available, an official transcript will be forwarded to the York International Office by the host university. York International will than send the transcript and the Course Assessment Form to the Registrar's Office for processing. Please allow up to 6 weeks for it to be completed.
- Your transfer credit assessment will come in the form of a letter. The letter will indicate the number of credits you received as well as any specified course equivalencies.
The deadlines to submit the Course Assessment Form:
Fall/Winter 2019/2020 term is July 1, 2019
Winter 2020: November 1, 2019