WELCOME TO YORK UNIVERSITY!
Congratulations on your admission to York University! We are delighted that you will soon join York’s international community of more than 5,000 students from over 160 countries.
We at York International are looking forward to welcoming you to our campus and to Toronto! We are committed to supporting your success as an international student at York University and hope that you will make York International your home away from home.
York International will be offering an important and unique international student session that is designed specifically with you in mind. The International Student Orientation Session is also dedicated to providing the most relevant information to a newcomer to Canada and York.
At The New International Student Orientation you will:
- Learn where to access essential information about immigration requirements for international students.
- Learn about social and cultural transition and ways to adapt to the new Canadian academic environment.
- Have the opportunity to develop lasting friendships with fellow students and international student peers.
- Learn how to enroll in the mandatory University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP).
- Learn key information about life on campus including safety and security at York University.
Registration for Summer Orientation
It is mandatory that all new international students participate in an International Student Orientation Session.
York International will offer two orientation sessions in Summer 2017 on York's Keele campus. New international students should plan to attend one. Sessions are 2 hours long. The session on April 27th will be held in either room 242 York Lanes or 280N York Lanes (TBD closer to the date) and the session on May 2nd will be held in 242 York Lanes. **You only need to register for and attend one orientation session that fits your schedule. To register, please click here.